|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 11 June 2012 15:38|
A fire broke out in the Club America showroom today, 11th June, 2012, in the morning. The showroom is located on Rajpur Road near Stanmax.
According to eyewitnesses, the fire broke out around 10 am. Speaking to DehradunBuzz , Fireman Sanjay Singh Rawat said, “The fire was caused due to a short circuit in the showroom. The fire brigade reached around 15 minutes after the fire broke out. It took us around 2 to 3 hours to control the blaze which was quite big.” The management of the showroom was not very forthcoming when asked about the incident.They preferred to maintain a stony silence when asked to give insights into why the fire broke out.
The reporters witnessed the horrific effects of the fire themselves. The entire shop was charred from top to bottom. A pile of smouldering and ruined clothes lay on the ground which was riddled with puddles of water. Even the outside of the shop bore scars of the incident as shattered glass littered the front of the showroom.
Although estimates of the losses could not be obtained from the management, it would be safe to assume that they are likely to range in crores considering the extent of the fire and the size of the showroom.
The roads leading from Clock Tower to Rajpur have been jam packed with traffic since morning as a result of the fire and movement of the fire tenders.
Although there were no reports of any casualties this incident serves as a stark reminder about fire safety in the city.